With this free crochet pattern you can crochet a simple medium ball. The ball is crocheted only with single crochet stitches (US!) in spiral rounds. So it will get very stable, without a seam or annoying transitions. Depending on the usage, the ball can filled with different materials.
Knowledge: Amigurumi – Crochet Simple Smaller Ball
Supplies: Amigurumi – Crochet Simple Smaller Ball
- Crochet Yarn:
- Colors: any
- Size: ca. 125m / 50g
- Example: Schachenmayr Catania
- Crochet Hook:
- Metric: 2,5 mm
- Help? Needle Size Translator
- Wool Needle
Size: Amigurumi – Crochet Simple Smaller Ball
Here you find the size specifications for the Amigurumi Ball. If you like to crochet balls in other sizes or if you like to adjust the size, you can also use the basic pattern Amigurumi – Crochet Simple Ball or choose a size under Amigurumi – Crochet Simple Balls.
|2,5 mm (shown example)||125m / 50g, 100% Cotton||3,8 cm|
Crochet Pattern: Amigurumi – Crochet Simple Smaller Ball
We crochet the simple medium ball from top down in in spiral rounds with only double crochet stitches. First we increase, then we crochet some rounds without increases or decreases an the we decrease. When you are next to the end, the ball will be filled as you like and then finished and closed.
Tip: By offsetting the increases and decreases you get an even better result. Just take a look at the Stitchetable for Circles and Spheres!
- 1st round: magic ring + 6 single crochet stitches (US!) = 6 stitches
- 2nd round: double every stitch = 12 stitches
- 3rd round: double every 2nd stitch = 18 stitches
- 4th round: double every 3rd stitch = 24 stitches
- 5th round: double every 4th stitch = 30 stitches
- 6th – 11th round: (= 6 rounds) each stitch one stitch = 30 stitches
- 12th round: crochet together every 4th and 5th stitch = 24 stitches
- 13th round: crochet together every 3rd and 4th stitch = 18 stitches
- 14th round: crochet together every 2nd and 3rd stitch = 12 stitches
- fill and stuff completely
- 15th round: crochet together every 1st and 2nd stitch = 6 stitches
- cut the thread generous, pull off the loop, close remaining opening, secure and weave in the thread end
Finished is your self crocheted ball! Have fun playing with it or giving it away and hopefully I´ll see you next time!