Please help us to translate the Ribbelmonster blog into different languages! More and more we receive inquiries from all over the world, with the request for a translation of our content into other languages. Unfortunately, this alone is not feasible and professional translations are very expensive. That’s why we need your help!
First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest in helping us! To help us translate, you should read this post completely. Here you will find all important information about the translation!
Basically we need translations for everything in any language. The most common languages are already created and accessible via the links above the menu bar or above the posts. Most of the navigation and individual contributions have been partially or completely translated yet.
For languages that have not yet been created, the translation of the navigation and everything else that you see on the page is missing. You are welcome to suggest new languages to be created and to send translations for them.
If there is already a translation for a post, you can find it out by calling it in the appropriate language. Please also check the comments, because it may be already a translation waiting to be maintained. Already entered translations are deleted from the comments.
Guide to translation
In order for us to be able to include your translation in the blog, your translation should meet certain guidelines. In this way, it should be ensured that the Ribbelmonster blog continues to give all visitors much pleasure!
- Good language skills: Please only help with translations for languages that you can fluently understand, write and speak. At best, the target language of the translation is your own native language. It is important that the translations are as error-free as possible, so that they can be understood by all and also found through search engines.
- Simple language: Our patterns should be understood by as much as possible, no matter if young or old, beginner or professional. So stay with a language as simple as possible, as if you would explain it to a child.
- Personal address: Our visitors are normal people who spend their free time here. Therefore, there is no room for the formal salutation, which incidentally does not even exist in some languages. Therefore, address readers in the neutral “man” form or in the personal “you” form.
- Literally as possible: Try to translate as literally as possible and leave nothing out or add anything else. All patterns are well thought out and also duplicate in the description and in the instructions have their reason.
- No abbreviations: Do not use abbreviations! Never really! Beginners often have problems with abbreviations because they do not yet know their meaning and then have to constantly look up. However, our patterns should be easy and understandable for everyone. Since we lack neither time nor space, we can therefore confidently forego abbreviations.
The translation for articles is best sent via the comment function at the end of the article in the target language. Only if the desired language does not yet exist, you can comment under the original language, but must attach in which language was translated. You should also mark the section you have translated by taking the title or counting the paragraphs. Please keep in mind that we only understand German and English!
Hi, I made some translations for the first paragraph: TRANSLATION EN_UK: This is a very simple crochet pattern. Just try it out!
The translation for the navigation and other content you can send as a comment below this post.
Hi, I made some translations for the site navigation! TRANSLATION DE->EN_UK: Häkeln -> Crochet; Stricken -> Knitting; Nähen -> Sewing; Felten -> Felting
If you have change suggestions for existing translations, you can also send them via the comment function. Here you best specify exactly what should be replaced by what.
Hi, there is a mistake in your translation. I would replace the following: TRANSLATION EN_UK: wave in thread end -> weave in thread end
In this way, translations can be assigned quickly and easily. In addition, other visitors immediately see what has already been translated. This way, duplicate translations can be avoided if the translation has not yet been entered.
Thank you for your help!